quarter sessions indentures in 1697...8th and 9th days of the 4th month
MASTER - INDENTURED PERSON - AGE - YEARS OF SERVICE James Hendrigson Daniel Cormutt 12 12 years John Baldwin James Bruiss 11 till age 21 David Meredith Adam Beackly 13 8 years John Lewis jr John Sleder 12 9 years Henry Lewis Peter Hood 10 11 years David Harry John MacKlene 13 8 years John Morgan Hugh Woolson 12 9 years Thomas Joans Hugh Reese 11 10 years John Lewis sr William Sunkly 11 10 years Lewis Walker George Pruiss 11 10 years Edward Joans George Greeve 13 8 years Goden Walter John Martin 11 10 years Thomas Cartwright George Robertson 16 5 years Joseph Coeburn Thomas Taylor 11 10 years Philip Yarnell Robert Jack 13 8 years John Sharpley Margaret Finley 13 8 years Caleb Pusey John Williamson 16 5 years Caleb Pusey Mary Royle 5 years Justice Yeates Margaret Conner 5 years Justice Yeates John Robison 5 years Randall Varnon James Mastertown 14 7 years James Lowens Emmole Doell 5 years Robert Wade Allixander Moore 5 years Thomas Reese George Linn 11 10 years Justice Simcocke Robert Merscer 5 years Justice Blunstone John Steller 6 years
Other Records From 1697
Indentures from 1689-1690
- John Worral John Cunningham (assigned to James Cooper for remainder of time)
- Peter Peterson Wm. Lee turned over to Hance Boon till he be 21, 6 1/2 years
- David Philips Sarah MacDaniell *with concent of her mother the said child will dwell as an apprentice till age of 21 years
Indentures from 1690
- Wm. Ratew Andrew Morrison - run away for 39 days, ordered to serve 6 month after the expiration of his time.
- George Strode John Carpenter made over to Robert Baber for 4 years
- David Ogden Rebecca Williams serve till the age of 21
Indentures from 1700-1701
- John Hood Katharine aged about 2, daughter of Katharine Travailer who declaired her free concent that her child should serve till age 21
- Henry Nyle Alexander Stewart agree to serve 1 1/2 year above his time if Nyle will teach him the trade of shoemaker.
This page updated on March 3, 2009