If you have references dealing with Chester County and would be willing to do lookups for others, please let us know! Send e-mail to email@example.com
When asking for a lookup, there are a few rules that you need to follow. Volunteers will only do lookups if they are presented in the following way ... because we have many, many people requiring our help, we are unable to to personal research. What we CAN do is look to see if the name you send us appears in the index of whatever book of CD you've chosen. We will then send you whateve it is we find.
First place CHESTER COUNTY LOOKUP in the subject slot.
Second, in the first line of the message, put the name of the book or CD from which you wish the volunteer to do your lookup. Next, a short statement containing the name of the individual and what you hope to find. Sign your name and send.
Your query should look like this:
CHESTER COUNTY LOOKUP (this is the subject line)
Immigration Records: Immigrants to PA 1600-1800 (the title of the lookup resource)
Could you please see if there is a record of the arrival of Joe Blow. He was in Chester County for the 1790 census. Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.
Sign your name.
This has the correct subject, lists in the first line the name of the resource from which you wish your lookup done, and then the query is clearly stated with both given and surname and a date to indicate when the arrival would have been. Nothing more is needed.
1) Only ask ONE (1) person to do each lookup...there is no need to ask 2 volunteers to do the same thing...it's a waste of someone's time and unnecessary...so, just contact one of the folks per resource.
2) When asking for a lookup, there are a few rules that you need to follow. Volunteers will only do lookups if they are presented in the following way ... because we have many, many people requiring our help, we are unable to to personal research. What we CAN do is look to see if the name you send us appears in the index of whatever book of CD you've chosen. We will then send you whatever it is we find. If you need the author of the resource or page # , you must ask when you place your original query....we won't look it up twice.
3) ALWAYS include some sort of a date....all gen. materials cover specific time frames, so a date is necessary, even if only an approximate one.
4) Always acknowledge receiving the information, even if it is not what you want to hear...remember, these folks are doing YOU a favor by doing research for you in their resources, and the only way that they have to know if it has reached you is for YOU to let them know it arrived.......when you receive it, simply hit REPLY and type in, for example, "thanks so much for your help; I certainly appreciate it", sign it and hit send....this takes 4 seconds and is the very least you can do for a complete stranger who has helped you.
5) Remember, these are done by folks that are as busy as your are, so they may take a while...be patient!
- PA wills 1683-1840 FTM CD firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Pennsylvania Births - Chester Co 1682-1800 Volunteer temporarily unavailable.
- Immigration Records; Immigrants to PA 1600-1800 firstname.lastname@example.org FTM CD (mostly foreigners required to take and oath of allegiance when entering PA)
- Passengers Who Emigrated from Germany to Pennsylvania between 1727 and 1769. Please limit your request to 3 names at one time. email@example.com
- Genealogical Records; Pa Colonial Records 1600-1800 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Genealogical Records; the Encyclopedia of Quaker Genealogy 1750-1930 by Hinshaw firstname.lastname@example.org FTM CD.
- Immigration Records; Scottish Immigrants to N.A. 1600s-1800s email@example.com FTM CD
- PA Vital Records 1700s-1800s firstname.lastname@example.org FTM CD
- British Emigrants in Bondage 1614-1788 email@example.com FTM CD
- Western PA census - 1870 firstname.lastname@example.org CD
- Eastern Pa census 1870 email@example.com CD
- THE WILLIAM WADE HINSHAW PENNSYLVANIA QUAKER MEETING RECORDS kENNETT MM (covers 1686-1930 & called the Newark Meeting till 1760) firstname.lastname@example.org
- PA Census 1790 through 1850, 1910-1920 (Miracode). "Please include the microfilm and page #s, if you know them". EHanebury@aol.com
- Church Records; selected areas of PA 1600s-1800s email@example.com FTM CD
- Early Church records of Chester Co vols 1,2,3 by Martha Reamy firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quaker marriage certificates...New Garden MM Chester County 1704-1799 email@example.com
- Volume I Quaker Records of Bradford MM
- Volume II Uwchlan MM, East Vincent Reformed Congregation, Goshen MM, New Garden MM.
- Volume III Kennett MM, Londongrove MM, Vestry book of St. John's Church, Pequay, Great Valley Baptist Church Members.
- Quaker marriage certificates ... New Gaqrden MM Chester County 1704-1799, Gwen Bjorkman firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quaker Marriage Certificates Concord MM 1679-1808, by Gwen Bjorkman. email@example.com
- The Welcome Claimants Proved, Disproved and Doubtful firstname.lastname@example.org
- Immigration of the Irish Quakers into PA 1682-1750 by Myers email@example.com
- The 1683 Census of the Swedes on the Delaware by Peter Craig firstname.lastname@example.org
- Concord Township; 19th Century by Case email@example.com
- Concord Township; The Colonial Period by Case firstname.lastname@example.org
- Edgmont, the Story of a Township by Carter email@example.com
- A History of Uwchlan Twp 1682-1782 by Susanna Brody firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1765 Chester County PA Archives by Katharine Dix email@example.com
- Chester Co court records 1697-1710 by Lapp and Dunlap firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chester and its Vicinity (with gen. sketches of township families) Martin email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- The History of Chester County PA, by Futhey and Cope email@example.com
- Mendenhall-Newlin Alliance by Able firstname.lastname@example.org
- Descendants of Joel Baily by McCullough email@example.com
- Joel Baily and Ann Short 1683 +Eng. and PA firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quaker Arrivals at Philadelphia 1682-1750 by Myers email@example.com the entire book is locatedelsewhe re on this site, under the Quaker heading
- The Brethren in Colonial America firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Brethren in the New Nation email@example.com
- History of the First Amish Mennonite Communities in America, Grant M. Stoltzfus, a master's thesis from 1954, published in 2002 by Masthof Press, Morgantown, PA, firstname.lastname@example.org
- European Origins of the Brethren email@example.com
- Genealogy of the Smedley Family SHS521@aol.com
- The History of the Morison or Morrison Family
A Complete History of the Morison Settlers of Londonderry, N.H. of 1719, and Their Descendants with Genealogical Sketches and branches of Morisons Who Settled in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Nova Scotia By Leonard A. Morrison, Boston Mass., A. Williams & Co. 1880 FISHERFWF@aol.com
- Chester and Its Vicinity, Delaware County, In Pennsylvania; with Genealogical Sketches of Some Old Families - by John Hill Martin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Passengers and Ships Prior to 1684 by Walter Lee Sheppard, Jr. email@example.com
- Narratives of Early Pennsylvania, West New Jersey and Delaware 1630 - 1707 by Albert Cook Myers firstname.lastname@example.org
- Annals of Philadelphia and Pennsylvania by John F. Watson email@example.com
- CD - Genealogical Records: Pennsylvania Wills, 1682 - 1834 firstname.lastname@example.org
- An account book of a wheelwright/carpenter/coffin maker who had a shop in Londonderry. List of purchases by customers from 1861-1877. Index included. email@example.com
- Chester County, PA Genealogy Collection, Pennsylvania History, Biography and GenealogyRSWert@gmail.com
- Biographical and Portrais Cyclopedia of the county of Chester, Pennsylvania Illustrated, Gresham Publishing Co, Philadelphia 1892
- Historic Homes and Institutions and Genealogical and Personal Memoirs of Chester and Delaware Counties, PA (Cope and Ashmead information)
- History of Chester County, Futhey and Cope
- Proceedings on the 100th Anniversary of the Paoli Massacre in Chester County
- A Full Description of the Great Tornado in Chester Co, PA
- The History of the Old Eagle School, Tredyffrin, Chester County, PA