This was separated from Nottingham in 1734, and then included the territory from Londongrove to the Octorara. About 1/3 of the present township was included in Fagg's Manor. In 1742, John McGrew, Robert Robinson, William Neill and others petitioned for a division of the township, which was at that time frequently called New Londonderry. In 1754, Oxford township was taken from its western side. In 1819 it was again divided, and the southern part called Penn. A small part was added from Londongrove and West Marlborough in 1866. The early settlers were from Ireland, and the name is derived from Londonderry, in Ireland.

This page updated on February 28, 2009