The borough of Springville, on the Schuylkill River, was taken from the
eastern part of East Vincent Township and incorporated by a decree of court in 1867.
In 1872 the name was changed to Spring City. The change was made so that
the name of the town and post-office might be the same. The post-office at
this place was originally called East Vincent, and when a change became
desirable it was found that there was already an office called Springville in
Pennsylvania, and hence the necessity that another name should be chosen. The name
of Spring City was adopted and conferred upon the post-office, and the name of
the borough altered to correspond with it.